|Admissions for 2023/2024||
MBA Online Application
Deadline: 31 May 2023 (Wednesday)
Applications are processed on a rolling basis. The review of applications will start before the deadline and continue until all the places are filled. You are encouraged to submit your application earlier.
In supporting your learning dream at City MBA, scholarships are available for eligible applicants by nomination. No separate application is required.
Schedule a 30-minute session (except Saturdays and public holidays) with our admissions representative to discuss your eligibility and discover more about the CityU MBA Programme. Upload your CV to personalised your study and career advice (optional)
Register now to explore more about the programme!
When evaluating an application, we consider various factors (including academic achievements, professional experiences, and personal accomplishments) from a holistic perspective:
- An applicant must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with an acceptable GPA, or equivalent.
- Relevant work experience* is desirable (though not specifically required).
- An applicant is expected to have a satisfactory GMAT score (which can be submitted after the application) (GMAT institution codes: 54Q-QT-88 (full-time); 54Q-QT-22 (part-time) ). For applicants with substantial years of work experience, the GMAT requirement may be waived on a case-by-case basis.
- All shortlisted applicants are required to attend an interview.
* Some applicants may be recommended to take the Concentration Curriculum, especially those without sufficient work experience.
English Proficiency Requirement
Applicants whose entrance qualification is obtained from an institution where the medium of instruction is not English should also fulfill the following minimum English proficiency requirement:
- a score of 79 (iBT) or 59 (revised paper-delivered test) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)@#; or
- an overall band score of 6.5 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS)@#; or
- a score of 450 in the new College English Test (CET6) of Chinese mainland or a pass in the old CET-6 test; or
- other equivalent qualifications
In view of the recent development of COVID-19, ‘TOEFL iBT Home Edition’ and ‘IELTS Indicator’, as indicated below, are accepted as equivalent qualifications for the fulfillment of the University’s minimum English proficiency requirement for admission to the Programme with immediate effect for 2023/24 cohort. (Last updated: 14 Dec 2021):
- TOEFL iBT Home Edition: a score of 79; or
- IELTS Indicator: an overall band score of 6.5
@TOEFL and IELTS scores are considered valid for two years. Applicants are required to provide their English test results obtained within the two years preceding the start of the University's application period.
#Applicants are required to arrange for the Educational Testing Service (ETS) to send their TOEFL results directly to the University. The TOEFL institution code for CityU is 3401.
Qualified applicants from all over the world are encouraged to apply early. Over the past few years, many international students, including those coming from Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Russia, South Korea, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, UK, US, Vietnam, etc. have been successfully admitted and enrolled in the programme.